The University of Curaçao dr. Moises da Costa Gomez (UoC) has adopted the Erasmus+ program and integrated it into various study programs offered in order to stimulate the student to pursue an international experience during his studies. The UoC is an international university that is a hub of knowledge in the region, linking American, Latin American, Caribbean and European scholars and students, who take academic thinking to the next level without losing sight of the cultural fusion. The Erasmus+ program plays an important role in this, as it makes it possible to bring together students and staff from all over the world to build networks, further develop knowledge exchange and promote the cultural values of all participating countries.
The International Office manages, in close collaboration with the faculties, the administration, promotion and implementation of the program.
The UoC has set out four key areas on which we will continue to work on during the coming ECHE period. These are:
1. Modernization: - through the implementation of the Erasmus Without Paper project
- through the further digitalization of all administrative procedures
- through the implementation of the Erasmus Student Card initiative
2. Inclusive education: - through the implementation of policies to promote equal
opportunities to all students regardless of economic, health, social,
cultural or geographical background.
3. Quality development: - by developing programs which are positively assessed by the
NVAO and participate in programs with an added value for the
academic growth of both students and staff.
- by recognizing learning outcomes achieved during the period
abroad including blended mobility programs.
- by implementing control mechanisms to ensure the quality of
use of the program.
4. Identity development: - by reinforcing our ambassador program under the outgoing
students as preparation for their role of ambassadors abroad.
- by preparing our students on the European identity and our role as
an OCT island without losing sight of our culture and values.
- by focusing on civic engagement for both incoming as outgoing